This page aims to cover the basics of the game and is meant to provide brief detail about the features of the game. If you would like further detail regarding a topic mentioned here, be sure to check out its Main article linked at the top of each section.
This article is organized based on the menu screens in-game (Home, Battle, Allies, etc.). If there is a specific section you want to get to, find out which menu screen it belongs to and then the section you want. For example, to read up on Sending Home units, that would be under Allies > Send Home.
For new players looking for a guide to getting started, check out the Beginners Guide.
For a specific question, try checking the Frequently Asked Questions page as well.
- 1 Gameplay / Mechanics
- 2 Home / Castle
- 3 Battle (Game Modes)
- 4 Allies
- 4.1 Edit Teams
- 4.2 Ally Growth
- 4.3 Change Equipment
- 4.4 Interact with Allies
- 4.5 Edit Brigades
- 4.6 Send Home
- 5 Summon Heroes
- 6 Shop
- 7 Miscellaneous
- 8 Other
Gameplay / Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Mechanics
Fire Emblem Heroes is a tactical turn-based role-playing game where players control a team of four units to fight against enemy units on various maps turn by turn. Subsequent updates have released other modes of play featuring brigades of up to twenty units
Map[edit | edit source]
- Main Article: Mechanics: Map
Maps contain terrain such as forests, mountains, walls, trenches, and defensive tiles. A player's team of heroes and the enemy units start in predetermined positions. Beginning with the player, each side takes turns moving, attacking, healing, or supporting. Victory conditions are varied - route the enemy, defend for x number of turns, or capture camps and fortresses.
Combat[edit | edit source]
- Main Article: Mechanics: Combat
In Fire Emblem Heroes, combat is initiated when a unit attacks an opposing unit. There are several factors to take into account when initiating an attack including:
- Weapon Properties (Might, Range, and Additional Skills)
- Color Weapon Triangle Advantage/Disadvantage
- Type of Damage Weapon (Physical or Magical)
All of these along with a unit's stats and skills are used to determine the results of an attack.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Each unit has five stats listed and described as follows:
|Hit/Health Points (HP)||This is the unit's Health. A unit is defeated if their Hit Points reach 0.|
|Attack (ATK)||This is the unit's Attack. The higher a unit's Attack, the more damage they will inflict on foes.|
|Speed (SPD)||This is the unit's Speed. A unit will attack twice if their Speed is at least five more than their foe's Speed.|
|Defense (DEF)||This is the unit's physical-based damage reduction stat. The higher a unit's Defense is, the less damage they take from physical attacks (swords, axes, lances, etc.).|
|Resistance (RES)||This is the unit's magical-based damage reduction stat. The higher a unit's Resistance is, the less damage they take from magical attacks (spells, staves, breath effects, etc.).|
Energy[edit | edit source]
Stamina (PvE energy) is the energy used for playing battles outside of Arena. There is a max of 99 stamina and one stamina is recovered every five minutes (An empty stamina bar fully recovers in eight hours and fifteen minutes). This can also be fully recovered using Stamina Potions or Orbs.
Dueling Swords (PvP energy) is the energy used for playing battles in Arena. There is a maximum of three Dueling Swords per day which refreshes at Daily Reset. This can be fully recovered using a Dueling Crest or Orbs.
Orbs[edit | edit source]
Orbs are the main currency in the game. Orbs are needed to summon Heroes. They can also be used refresh stamina, refresh dueling swords, and other actions when lacking the required items to do so (e.g. If a player does not have a stamina potion to refresh stamina, then an orb can be used instead). Orbs can be obtained from the daily rewards, on first completion of story maps, through events, or by buying them from the Shop with real money.
Daily Resets[edit | edit source]
There is a reset daily at 7:00 AM UTC (12:00 a.m. PDT or 3:00 a.m. EDT in the United States) which will refresh several in-game items as well as update maps and rewards. This is also the standard start time for Arena and announced events.
The current list of items/maps refreshed and updated daily are as follows:
- Daily Rewards
- Castle Unit Gifts
- Friend Greetings
- Bulletin Board Updates
- Character-specific Special Maps
- Training Tower Rewards
Other things that will be updated at the daily reset time, but not daily:
- Arena New Season Start - Tuesdays
- Announced Events
- Weekend Login Bonus (Event)
Home / Castle[edit | edit source]
- Main Article: Home / Castle
A player's home / castle is one of the menus available to him/her in-game. There are several actions and features a player can access on this page which include:
- Notice Board - In-game news and announcements
- Character Interaction - Receiving gifts and unique dialogue from heroes in the castle
- Present List - Mailbox to receive gifts and rewards sent to the player.
- Friend List - View, add, delete, and receive gifts from friends
- Quests and Missions - View and receive rewards for completing quests and missions in-game
- Upgrade Castle - Upgrading castle to permanently increase experience points (EXP) received when training heroes
Battle (Game Modes)[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Game Modes
This is where a player can select and battle through various maps.
Battling will give units Experience (EXP) and Skill Points (SP) which will be explained later. However, units will not gain EXP and SP if they are at least five levels above an enemy unit.
Unlike other Fire Emblem games, a unit defeated in battle will not make him/her disappear permanently. Units defeated in battle keep EXP and SP earned if the battle is finished successfully.
Story[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Story
- Main article: Story Maps
- Main article: Paralogue Maps
- Main article: Chain Challenge
- Main article: Squad Assault
Here players will learn about the Kingdom of Askr and work through three difficulties. Normal, Hard and Lunatic. Each first completion of a map will reward an Orb.
Arena Duels[edit | edit source]
Arena is Fire Emblem Heroes' PVP system where a player can battle against other players' teams controlled by the AI, score points to get ranked, and receive rewards based on final rank. Each day three Dueling Swords are given which are needed in order to battle others. To obtain more Dueling Swords, either a Dueling Crest or Orb will need to be used.
Training Tower[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Training Tower
The Training Tower is a set of eleven randomized map levels called Strata (Stratum, singular) where players can train units for EXP and earn rewards for completing the maps.
Special Maps[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Special Maps
Special Maps are specific maps on rotation or from announced events which contain rewards upon first completion. This may include Heroes, Orbs, and other rewards.
These maps may have special conditions for victory such as "All allies must survive." and still cost stamina like normal maps. Pay attention to the recommended level requirement and make sure your team is prepared.
Examples of Special Maps include, but are not limited to, Hero Battle Rotation maps, Grand Hero Battle maps, and Bound Hero Battle maps. For a list of current Special Maps as well as reference to previous ones, refer to the Special Maps page.
Events[edit | edit source]
Voting Gauntlet[edit | edit source]
Tempest Trials[edit | edit source]
Grand Conquests[edit | edit source]
Tap Battle[edit | edit source]
Forging Bonds[edit | edit source]
Allies[edit | edit source]
- Main Article: Allies Menu
Edit Teams[edit | edit source]
This menu option is where you can edit your team to bring into battle.
A maximum of ten teams can be created and can be switched to by swiping the teams left and right. It is possible to name each of your teams.
The defensive team used for arena defenses can also be set here.
If a team slot is empty, a Hero can be added by just tapping him/her from the list. To replace a Hero, tap his/her portrait to replace on the team and then select the Hero replacing him/her.
Heroes can be sorted in a variety of ways, which can be done by tapping "Sorting" and select one of the various sorting labels.
To learn more specifically about various Heroes, view the Hero List.
Ally Growth[edit | edit source]
Level Up[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Experience
It is possible to level up units without taking them into battle using shards and crystals. This will not adversely affect the unit's stats in any way.
Shards are used to level a unit to 20 while crystals are used beginning at Level 21 to the maximum Level of 40. Shards and crystals have different colors, and the color used will depend on the color of the unit to be levelled. There is also a universal shard/crystal (gold-colored) which can be used for any color units.
The game will use color-specific shards or crystals first before using the universal shards or crystals to level up.
Learn Skills[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Skills: Learning Skills
This menu option is where units can learn new skills. To learn skills, a unit needs to have enough Skill Points (SP) in order to learn a skill. SP can be obtained through battle by levelling up, and successfully defeating enemy units.
Inherit Skills[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Inheritance Guide
Skill inheritance allows units to learn skills from other units not learned by default. For example, Takumi's Close Counter can be inherited by other units, allowing them to use Close Counter as well. These skills inherited cost 1.5x the original amount of SP to learn.
However, not all units can learn every skill. There are three types of restrictions:
- Weapon-Type Restriction (e.g. Healing skills can only be learned by staff users.)
- Movement-Type Restriction (e.g. Goad Armor can only be learned by Armored units.)
- Exclusive Skills (e.g. Sing can only be learned by the units who come with it.)
Unlock Potential[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Unlock Potential
Unlocking Potential is upgrading a unit's star rarity such as 3 to 4 or 4 to 5, etc.
In order to unlock the potential of a unit, the following is needed:
- At least Level 20 character
- Feathers (Amount varies based on star rarity)
- Badges / Great Badges (Amount and type varies based on star rarity)
- From a 1 to a 2, it will cost twenty feathers and five badges ( of their respective color )
- From a 2 to a 3, it will cost 200 feathers and ten badges ( of their respective color )
- From a 3 to a 4, it will cost 2,000 feathers and twenty badges ( of their respective color )
- From a 4 to a 5, it will cost 20,000 feathers and twenty Great badges ( of their respective color )
- In total, to get a 1 to a 5, it will cost 22,220 feathers, thirty-five badges and twenty Great badges.
Merge Allies[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Merge Allies
Unit duplicates can be merged.
There are a few things that can happen when merging depending on the Star Rarity of the units used:
|Merging a lower star rarity unit into a higher star rarity unit||Additional SP|
|Merging two units of the same star rarity (4 and Below)||Decreased Unlock Potential Feather Cost (Same amount as sending home), Increased Stats (2 points), Additional SP|
|Merging two units of the same star rarity (5)||Increased Stats (2 points), Additional SP|
|Merging a unit with previous merges to a non-merged unit of the same star rarity (5)||Increased Stats (2 points), Additional SP. The non-merged unit will inherit the merges of the previous unit.
For example, a Level 1 unit merging with a Level 20+2 unit will result in a Level 1+3.
The remaining enhanced unit will receive the bonuses listed above, but any levels or SP from the source ally will be lost forever.
Favorited units cannot be merged into other heroes. A unit is favorited if there is a heart icon on his/her icon.
To un-favorite a unit, press and hold his/her icon to get into the character's status page. Tap the heart to unfavorite him/her.
Weapon Refinery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Weapon Refinery
Confer Blessing[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Confer Blessing
Change Equipment[edit | edit source]
Equip Skills[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Skills: Equip Skills
Typically, a unit will have multiple skills that can be equipped in a certain slot. For example, some units may have two different Special skills which they can equip, but a unit can only choose one to take into battle.
This menu option is where different skills can be equipped and swapped between on a units.
Equip Seals[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Sacred Seals
Allies can be equipped with Sacred Seals shown in skill slot S, and are effectively transferable Passives. Each hero can only equip one seal. Duplicate seals that share the same name will automatically be exchanged for 300 Hero Feathers.
Sacred Seal Forge[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Sacred Seal Forge
Equip Accessories[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Accessories
Heroes can be dressed up by equipping them with Accessories that have been obtained. Each accessory can be equipped to on one hero at a time. Duplicate seals that share the same name will automatically be exchanged for 300 Hero Feathers.
Interact with Allies[edit | edit source]
Ally Support[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Ally Support
Using Ally Support, two units can be paired together to grant each other passive stat boosts when near each other in the field.
The support level grows as the units fight together, and applies equally to all copies of the units, but do not stack when several copies are fighting simultaneously.
Ally Support bonds can be changed at any time, at the cost of the support level going back down to zero.
Summoner Support[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Summoner Support
Using Summoner Support, a single unit can be selected to bond with you (the Summoner), granting him/her a passive stat increase.
The support level grows as the unit fights, and only applies to the single copy chosen for the bond.
Summoner Support bonds can be changed at any time, at the cost of the support level going back down to zero.
Catalog of Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Catalog of Heroes
A Catalog of all obtainable hero in Fire Emblem Heroes. Players can replay certain quotes, full art, and attack animations for the heroes they've collected.
Hero Merit List[edit | edit source]
See also: Hero Merit Here the player can view the Hero Merit for all units they have collected.
Edit Brigades[edit | edit source]
Send Home[edit | edit source]
Send Home is essentially the way to remove units you do not want anymore. Sending home units will give a set amount of feathers depending on the star rarity a unit is at.
|Star Rarity||Amount of Feathers Received|
Summon Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Summon Heroes
In this menu option, you can use orbs to summon more Heroes to fight with from summoning focuss.
Shop[edit | edit source]
In the Shop, you can:
- Purchase Orbs - Purchase orbs with real money.
- Upgrade Castle - See Upgrade Castle section above.
- Restore Stamina - Using one Stamina Potion (or 1 Orb) will restore stamina completely.
- Restore Dueling Swords - Using one Dueling Crest (or one Orb) will restore all three Dueling Swords.
- Expand Barracks - Barracks refers to the amount of Heroes you can have at any one time. By default, the size of the Barracks when starting the game is 200; therefore, you can have 300 total Heroes at the start of the game. The cost of increasing Barracks is 1 Orb for +5 size, for a total of 1100 spots.
- Complete Purchase - If an error occurs during Orb purchase and the purchase process is interrupted, this option can be selected to resume the process.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Inventory[edit | edit source]
All items (Orbs, Hero Feathers, Stamina Potions, Dueling Crests, Light's Blessings, Sacred Coins, Refining Stones, Divine Dew, Arena Medals, Fire/Water/Wind/Earth Blessings, Shards/Crystals, Badges/Great Badges) can be viewed here.
Settings[edit | edit source]
This is where you can change the game's settings to your personal liking. Here are the following things which can be changed:
- Combat Animations (On/Off) - You can choose to view all combat (Attacking) animations, only the combat animations on the player's turn, or no combat animations at all.
- Support Animations (On/Off) - You can choose to view all support (Healing, Assists) animations, only the support animations on the player's turn, or no support animations at all.
- Auto-Favorite - When summoning a Hero, this auto-favorites whatever star quality level selected and above. This is defaulted to 4-stars.
- Starting a Map - When starting a map, this decides whether you go into battle immediately, or swap spaces between your units.
- Smart End (On/Off) - This option automatically ends your turn when all your units have moved.
- Show Danger Area (On/Off) - Shows the danger area when your units go into battle.
- Confirm Action - The default action of the game is to automatically execute a move when you finish dragging a unit. Switching to Tap means a tap is needed to confirm an action (Attacking enemy, healing ally, etc.).
- Confirm Move - The default action of the game is to automatically execute a move when you finish dragging a unit. Switching to Tap means a tap is needed to move to the spot selected.
- Double Tap to Wait (On/Off) - This option allows you to complete an action by double tapping a unit.
- Auto-Battle Text - An option which decides how the text moves along.
- Continuous Auto (On/Off) - This option allows you to use Auto-Battle continuously through modes with many maps (Tempest Trials, Chain Challenge, etc.)/
- Silent Mode - Toggle the game to be silent or not.
- BGM Volume - Background Music Volume
- SE Volume - Sound Effect Volume
- Voice Volume - Character Voice Dialogue Volume
Account Management[edit | edit source]
This option allows you to either link a Nintendo ID or unlink a Nintendo ID if one is already linked. Linking a Nintendo ID will allow you to obtain myNintendo Fire Emblem Heroes-related items.
Google Play Achievements / Game Center (iOS)[edit | edit source]
Google Play (Android) and Game Center (iOS) achievements are displayed here.
FAQ / Etc.[edit | edit source]
In this screen menu, the following can be accessed:
- Customer Support
- User Agreement
- About This App
- Change Nickname
- Change Language
- Sharing Usage Data
- Return to Title Screen
Other[edit | edit source]
Character Status Page[edit | edit source]
Although not part of any other specific menu, this page is useful for viewing the stats and skills units have as well as being able to favorite a unit from here. This page can be accessed by pressing and holding a unit's icon. A short description and backstory of the unit can also be viewed by tapping on his/her name or title.
In battle, this page can be viewed by tapping a unit on the map, looking at his/her status across the top, and pressing the + button on top off his/her portrait.