The Voting Gauntlet is a special event where eight Heroes put their pride on the line and battle it out in a tournament to determine who among them is the most beloved!”
Voting Gauntlet is an event mode that can be chosen from the Battle Screen where eight Heroes battle against each other tournament-style. A player selects a hero army to support during the duration of the event and fights for them against other hero armies.
Current or upcoming Voting Gauntlet[edit | edit source]
Basics[edit | edit source]
The Voting Gauntlet is a special event where eight Heroes battle it out tournament-style to determine the most popular amongst them over three rounds with each round lasting forty-five hours.
To participate in the event, players must:
1. Select a hero to support.
Players must choose a hero to support and join their army. Once a player selects a hero, they cannot change armies unless the chosen hero army loses.
2. Win battles against rival hero armies.
Once a round starts, players will have the option to battle the opposing army. Battles are 3-on-3 on a regular map, randomly chosen, and the teams are automatically created using:
- Leftmost hero on the team a player selects (NOT the leftmost hero on the first team. Any team can be selected.)
- Random friend's leader
- The leader of someone else in player's army
The 3 enemy units and the friendly unit from someone in player's army who is not on the player's friend list are chosen based on the level of player's unit -- matching player unit's strength. Thus, if the leaders of player's friends are all level 40, the Voting Gauntlet battles can be made trivially easy by using low level units. e.g. a lvl 1 3-star dancer; a mid level unit with many skills unlocked.
After heading into battle, Battle Ballots are consumed. However, if the player loses a battle, no Battle Ballots are consumed and they can choose to deploy their Heroes again immediately.
3. Cast votes to increase an army's score.
If the player wins a battle, they can then cast votes to increase the chosen hero army's score. Votes can be boosted by achieving the following conditions:
- Boost equal to number of friends a player has (Up to 10 friends) × 5
- 1.1x boost if a player's lead hero is the same as the Hero of the army they joined (e.g. Using Sharena as a lead hero while supporting Sharena's hero army)
- Boost by using Battle Flags to multiply votes.
Battle Ballots can also be spent with a chosen amount, multiplying the final score.
Unlike the Arena, casualties will not affect the points a player can earn in the Voting Gauntlet.
4. Turn a disadvantage into an advantage.
If your selected army is at a disadvantage, the points counted when you vote will be multiplied by (3.1 + duration × 0.1). Since a round lasts for 45 hours, this bonus can reach up to 7.5x.
- These points count toward your personal score as well.
- Every hour on the hour, each teams points are totalled and if a team is losing by a certain percentage, then they are given the disadvantage multiplier for the next hour (2 times max per player)
A player can still join partway even if they did not participate in previous rounds.
Heroes will not gain experience points or skill points during Voting Gauntlet battles.
Battle Ballots[edit | edit source]
Battle Ballots are used for a stamina system specifically for Voting Gauntlets. They regenerate every one hour.
|English (US)||Battle Ballot|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Boleta|
|Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)||投票權|
Battle Flags[edit | edit source]
Battle Flags can be used to multiply a player's votes and boost the score for their hero army.
Battle Flags can be obtained through:
- Log-in Bonus (5 per day)
- Special Voting Gauntlet Quests
Additionally, these Battle Flags can only be used for the current Voting Gauntlet and cannot be saved for future events.
|English (US)||Battle Flag|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Estandarte|
|French||Étendard de bataille|
|Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)||大戰之旗|
Voting Gauntlet Quests[edit | edit source]
These are quests which can be done in between Voting Gauntlet rounds to gain more Battle Flags. These include tasks such as completing Training Tower Stratum Levels, winning Arena duels, or participating in the Voting Gauntlet itself.
For a list of current Voting Gauntlet quests (If Voting Gauntlet is currently running), see the Quests and Missions page.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
There are four types of rewards in Voting Gauntlet: Army Victory Reward, Rank in Army Reward, Total Rank Reward, and Grand Reward..
Army Victory Reward[edit | edit source]
Rank in Army Reward[edit | edit source]
|Rank||Round 1 & 2 Reward||Final Round Reward|
Total Rank Reward[edit | edit source]
Strategy & Tips[edit | edit source]
The monthly Voting Gauntlet is a main source of Hero Feathers. Some general strategies can help maximizing feather gain.
The primary strategy is to
- only use Battle Flags when player's army is at an disadvantage; and to
- conserve (at least a portion of) Battle Flags for the second day of any round when disadvantage multiplier is the highest.
Also remember to
- use the hero the player is supporting whenever possible.
It can be tricky to catch the best multipliers in a close match -- and flat-out impossible in a winning army with overwhelming advantage. Thus, if the player is able to complete all Voting Gauntlet Quests and track the scores reasonably frequently, it is generally more lucrative to
- be on the losing army at least once.
- Selecting the hero to support late based on then current scores,
ie. on the second day of the round or late on the first day, can also be a sound practice. The scores can be checked at Nintendo's Voting Gauntlet webpage.
Previous Voting Gauntlets[edit | edit source]
|Event Name||Featured Heroes||Event Dates||Results|
|March 7, 2017 -
March 13, 2017
|April 5, 2017 -
April 11, 2017
|May 12, 2017 -
May 18, 2017
|June 27, 2017 -
July 3, 2017
|August 1, 2017 -
August 7, 2017
|August 31, 2017 -
September 6, 2017
|October 9, 2017 -
October 15, 2017
|November 6, 2017 -
November 12, 2017
|December 6, 2017 -
December 12, 2017
|January 1, 2018 -
January 7, 2018
|March 2, 2018 -
March 8, 2018
|April 4, 2018 -
April 10, 2018
|June 1, 2018 -
June 7, 2018
|July 2, 2018 -
July 8, 2018
|September 5, 2018 -
September 11, 2018
|October 2, 2018 -
October 8, 2018
|November 1, 2018 -
November 7, 2018
|December 4, 2018 -
December 10, 2018
|January 3, 2019 -
January 9, 2019
|January 31, 2019 -
February 6, 2019
|February 28, 2019 -
March 6, 2019
|April 1, 2019 -
April 7, 2019
|April 30, 2019 -
May 6, 2019
|June 3, 2019 -
June 9, 2019
|July 1, 2019 -
July 7, 2019
|August 1, 2019 -
August 7, 2019
|August 29, 2019 -
September 4, 2019
|October 1, 2019 -
October 7, 2019
Maps used[edit | edit source]
Each battle takes place in one of the following randomly chosen maps from Book I:
- Chapter 1: Mystery Trial, Willful Warrior, Wind and Light, Dual Cavaliers
- Chapter 2: Conquest Trial, Lovely Bloom, Callous Prince, Bewitching Princess, Prince of Conquest
- Chapter 3: Binding Trial, Two Noblewomen, Desert Dragons, Quirky Family, Nobles of Binding
- Chapter 4: Awakening Trial, Blade and Dancer, Big Ambush, Surprising Villager, Prince of Awakening
- Chapter 5: Return to Mystery, Captive Princess, No Way Out, Three Sisters Fly
- Chapter 6: Birthright Trial, Vain Prince, Shy Princess
- Chapter 7: Blazing Trial, Two Noblemen, The Guardian, Blazing Noblemen
- Chapter 8: Sinister Shadow, Napping Dragon, Ravishing Battle, Divine Dragon Returns, Future Princess
- Chapter 9: Loyalty and Ambition, Nobility and Vanity, The Blue Crow, Princess of Death
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Official Voting Gauntlet Site
- Starting with Shadow in the Mirror, a daily Log-In Bonus was made available during the duration of the event.
- For the first four Voting Gauntlets, there was a Grand Reward determined by the total voting score achieved by everyone.
Overall Voting Score Voting Gauntlets 1-3
Voting Gauntlet 4
10 Billion 20
5 of each Great Badge
Promotional Art[edit | edit source]
In other languages[edit | edit source]
|Spanish (Europe)||Torneo de votos|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Torneo de votos|
|Italian||Sfida ai voti|
|Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)||投票大戰|
|Portuguese||Torneio de votos|