Well, i wanted to create a build that use neither Dire Thunder nor blade tome as weapon of choice. So, after many days i had an idea.
For this build, Olwen must be in a Cavalry team with all members with Ward Cavalry as passive C.
- IV's: Neutral or +SPD/-HP (any diferent to -SPD)
For this build, +SPD is the recommended boon, any bane different to -SPD is good, if not, a Neutral Olwen works well with this build
- Weapon: Blárowl+
The strength of a team is to be united, so, with this tome, Olwen will receive even more benefits for that union
- Assist: Swap / Reposition (really any movement assist is good)
Those skills can save your live in dangerous situations and help to be in formation in a fast way
- Special: Iceberg / Glacies
Considering her high RES, she can run any of RES-based specials and get a kill most of the cases.
- Passive A: Close Counter
Sometimes, Olwen can't be saved from melee fighters, so, she needs to face them
- Passive B: Guard 3
Specials that bypass defenses really hurts, sometimes you can just be attacked to charge foe's specials, preventing that scenario is always a good choice
- Passive C: Ward Cavalry
With all members with this skill, when all are together, all can resist incoming attacks in a better way
If you are using a +SPD/-HP Olwen, her stats counting Blárowl+ are: 31/36/37/20/30. If Olwen is sorrounded by her allies, now her stats are: 31/42/43/26/36. Now with the help of 3 Ward Cavalry, her stats are: 31/42/43/38/48.
The idea of this build is simple: don't be afraid of melee fighters. When you can't save Olwen to be hit for a melee user, you don't need to sacrifice someone to save her life. Olwen just needs support from her partners (in a "T" formation, with Olwen in the middle).
She has enough SPD to prevent to be doubled for many foes, enough DEF stat to resist many melee fighters and with Close Counter she can punish them. Her incredible RES stat allows her to resist many mages (even in disadvantage color) and Iceblerg/Glacies will really hurts your foes. Guard will help you to prevent menaces like Reinhardt with Moonbow+QP seal. Unfortunatelly, her HP is low
Yes, it's a weird build but i guess it can works, and not only in Olwen, Leo (probably, the best candidate among cavalry mages) and Cecilia can also have the same build for color balance issues.
- Cheap damage from Savage Blow and Poison Strike: With her low HP, those skills are a serious menace, deactivating Guard easily.
- Anti-cavalry weapons: Even with her allies, those weapons really make a good amount of damage (Even Olwen can be killed)
- Enough buffed blade tome users: Due to her low HP, with enough buffs, blade tome users can OHKO Olwen.
- Movement skills like Drag Back or Lunge: Basically, Olwen loses buffs.