Click to show/hide build description
|If you're not going for the Distant Counter build, the other option is to turn Hríd into a flying physical tank. This build does best when in a Flying team so Hríd can gain the Fortify Fliers buffs, but a mixed team with Def Tactic would work as well.
【 Weapon 】
- Safeguard+ is a fantastic option for Hríd, as it grants +7 Def on Enemy Phase. This greatly amplifies his melee tanking capabilities, as he wants his Def as high as possible to deflect incoming attacks.
- Geishun+ is his default weapon, and if Safeguard+ isn't available, then Geishun+ an excellent alternative with its Chill Atk effect. While it's a less universal effect than Safeguard+, it will reduce magic damage should Hríd happen to land in the path of a high Atk mage.
【 Assist 】
- Reposition is an old standby, and works very well to help snatch allies out of danger.
- Swap is a good alternative if that fits your play style better, and it comes with his base kit.
【 Special 】
- Bonfire is a great choice with Hríd's inherently high Def stat, and will unload for large amounts of damage with all bonuses in place. A +Def Hríd with Fortify Fliers, both Atk/Def Bonds active, and a Def refine Safeguard+ will hit for an extra 33 damage.
- Ignis will be overkill with Hríd's massive Def, let's be honest. You don't need to hit for an extra 52 damage, do you? And this build doesn't give Hríd any way to reduce the cooldown. But if you like seeing big numbers, feel free to indulge.
【 A Skill 】
- Atk/Def Bond 3 is his base kit skill, and the ideal choice on a Flying team. He should be parked next to an ally anyway to get the Fortify buff each turn, so he might as well make the most of it by boosting his Atk and Def by 5 points each on both phases. The increased Def will also benefit him if he has Bonfire or Ignis as his choice of Special.
【 B Skill 】
- Quick Riposte 3 is really the only choice for Hríd's B Skill thanks to his painfully low speed; it will allow him to double consistently on Enemy Phase as long as his health stays above 70%. Luckily, this 5★ skill comes as part of his base kit.
【 C Skill 】
- Goad Fliers is equal to Hone Fliers, Fortify Fliers, or Ward Fliers on a Flying team — it just depends on what you need.
- Hone Atk 4 is Hríd's (currently) unique C skill, giving a massive +7 boost to the Atk stat of adjacent allies at the start of a turn, and it fits well into pretty much any team. However, it can be switched out for another skill if your team composition requires a different kind of support.
【 Sacred Seal 】
- Atk/Def Bond 3 is the best seal for him with this build; when paired with his A skill, it grants him a total bonus of +10 Atk/+10 Def when adjacent to an ally and powers up his Bonfire/Ignis to nuke levels.
— Reddazrael (talk) 02:35, 13 July 2019 (UTC)