|Description||Grants Spd+3. If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, deals damage = 70% of difference between stats. (Maximum bonus of +7 damage. Combos with Phantom Spd.) If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Røkkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = difference between stats × 4 (max 40%).|
At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). If unit transforms, grants Atk+2, and if unit initiates combat, inflicts Atk/Def-4 on foe during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
- The maximum Spd difference that matters for Guardian Fang's damage bonus is 10, due to Guardian Fang's cap of 7 bonus damage.
- The minimum Spd difference that matters for Guardian Fang's damage bonus is 2, which provides 1 bonus damage.
- The bonus damage from Guardian Fang is applied after other effects, and is thus not boosted by specials such as or .
- With , Guardian Fang will deal extra damage if the user would otherwise have equal or less Spd than the target.
- This effect stops when the user is regularly 9 Spd slower than the target, as a 1-Spd advantage rounds down to zero damage.
- The damage reduction is calculated after offensive Specials and skills that deal extra damage, such as .
- Damage reductions by percentage stack multiplicatively, unlike interactions related to the weapon-triangle, such as gem weapons and .
- For more information, see Damage calculation.
- and will neutralize Guardian Fang's damage reduction effect when it triggers.
- Beast refers to .
- Dragon refers to .
- The stat decrease that can be applied by Guardian Fang is considered a combat reduction.
- Guardian Fang can prevent the foe from making a follow-up attack.
- Guardian Fang will not prevent a Brave Weapon user from performing the 2 consecutive attacks when initiating combat, but the attacker is not able to perform a follow-up attack.
- As a general rule, if a unit is both prevented from making, and guaranteed to make, a follow-up attack, the effects cancel out, and the standard speed check decides instead.
- A foe with skills such as and is unaffected by Guardian Fang's follow-up attack prevention.
- The Atk+2 granted by Guardian Fang when the user transforms is a stat boost, not a .
- The stat boost, combat reductions, and follow-up preventing effects of Guardian Fang will only trigger if the unit is transformed.
List of owners
In other languages
|Spanish (Europe)||Garra guardiana|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Colmillo guardián|
|French||Croc de gardiens|
|Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)||新年戰貓的爪牙|
- Blood Tome
- Ethereal Breath
- Giga Excalibur
- New Foxkit Fang
- Raven King Beak
- Red-Hot Ducks
- Red-Hot Ducks+
- Resolute Blade
- Vassal's Blade