|“The Tempest distorts time and space. Worlds become entangled... and they begin to mix.”|
|― Marth: Enigmatic Blade|
The Tempest Trials is a special event where you challenge a series of high-difficulty maps, which lasts for ten days. Clear them repeatedly and to increase your score and get special rewards during the event period.
Current or upcoming Tempest Trials[edit | edit source]
|Name||Featured Bonus Allies||Maps||Event Dates|
Basics[edit | edit source]
1. Choose Your Difficulty Level
There are several difficulties to select from. Each difficulty not only changes the strength of enemies but offers a different number of maps and different number of ally teams you can deploy. During the first two battles of the day, the score earned is tripled, and the units used also get HP+10, Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 and receive double SP and EXP. Select the difficulty level that best suits your allies:
|Difficulty||Level||Battles||Max Score||With 3x Bonus|
If all of the allies on your team are defeated, you can immediately make a new team of allies and try the map again. However, be aware that the allies that were defeated cannot be used again until either the last map is cleared or all your teams have been defeated and you try again. Try your best to come up with strategies that will allow you to advance without sacrificing your allies. Be aware that your allies will continue to the next map in the set with the same HP and cooldown as when they finished the previous map.
3. It's a Battle of Attrition
If you try a map again with a different team of allies, the enemies defeated by your previous team will not reappear. Any surviving enemies will carry over the HP they had before, and their Special cooldown will reset. Even if you didn't damage the enemies with your previous team, their starting HP will be reduced by 20% so they will gradually become easier to defeat.
Scoring[edit | edit source]
If you can clear the final map, you will receive a score based on your overall completion. The score will increase depending on the difficulty chosen, the number of maps cleared, your speed in clearing them, ally survival and whether a Bonus Ally was used. Even if all of your teams are defeated, you can earn a smaller score based on the number of maps cleared up to that point. Starting with the third Tempest Trials, Reunited at Last, the first two map sets you complete each day will award triple score.
The speed rank is based on the number of turns it took to complete the trial, turns spent on failed attempts do not count.
|Speed Rank||Multiplier||Total Turns|
|A||1.5x||Turns ≤ 28|
|E||1.1x||Turns ≥ 40|
Beating a trial run with Team 1 results in an A rank, even if some members were lost. One survival rank is lost for each team that gets eliminated.
|Survival Rank||Multiplier||Teams Lost|
You'll earn a score bonus if your bonus ally goes into battle at least once. If several bonus allies are used, be aware that only one bonus, the strongest, will apply to your score.
As of the Reunited at Last Tempest Trial, bonus allies also get HP+10 and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4. They will also receive double SP and EXP.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Rewards are given out based on cumulative score over the event, as well as the player's ranking in the event.
Score Rewards[edit | edit source]
Rank Rewards[edit | edit source]
Previous Tempest Trials[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- To celebrate the release of Tempest Trials, a special Kick-Off Campaign was held in which, if the worldwide total score reached 1 billion points within the first five days of the event, a special reward of 10 Orbs and 5,000 Feathers would be given out to all players.
- Starting with Moment of Fate, a daily Log-In Bonus was made available during the duration of the event.
- If a team has a unit with one of the Valor skills during Double SP Weekends, a bonus ally will earn 24 SP per kill. Furthermore, if the bonus unit meets the requirements of Confer Blessing, up to 48 SP can be gained.
- A Lvl. 40 Hero will earn 32.6 HM by surviving through all the maps at Lunatic 7, and 17.1 HM for Lunatic 5.
- Past Tempest Trials lasted for two weeks and score required for the final reward was 99,999.
- Tempest Trials Mini was another iteration of this event and lasted for a week.
Promotional Art[edit | edit source]
- Tempest Trials Loki's Flame.png
In other languages[edit | edit source]
|Spanish (Europe)||La Tormenta|
|Spanish (Latin America)||La Tormenta|