- This F2P friendly tier list rates units primarily for arena play while only considering restricted access to Skill Inheritance defined by the following criteria:
- No skill inheritance requiring units which are only available at 5. Everything else is fair game.
- 5 exclusive units are rated based on their neutral stats instead of always assuming optimal IVs.
- Order does not matter within the same tier.
- For lists of skills available at certain rarities, see Skill Availability Charts. For more details on individual units, visit their unit page Strategy and Builds tabs.
Last Updated: February 12th, 2018
- 03/10: Added Chrom (The Branded King), Gerome, Morgan (F), Morgan (M)
- 03/03: Added Ephraim (Legendary Lord)
- 2/24: Added Fallen Heroes units.
- 2/12: Added Love Abounds units. Tiering adjusted for 2.2.0. Reddit discussion coming soon.
- 2/3: Added Marisa
- 1/31: Added Ike (Vanguard Legend)
- 1/28: Tentative ratings for Eirika (Sacred Memories), L'Arachel, Myrrh, Lyon
- 1/15: Added Camilla (Happy New Year!), Azura (Happy New Year!), Takumi (Happy New Year!), Gunnthrá, Micaiah, Sothe, Zelgius, Oliver, Corrin (Happy New Year!)
- 12/19: Added tentative ratings for Robin (M) (Winter's Envoy), Tharja (Winter's Envoy), Lissa (Winter's Envoy), Chrom (Winter's Envoy)
- 12/4: Added Fjorm, Siegbert, Soleil, Shiro, and Rhajat Details and discussion on Reddit
- 11/21: Added Joshua
- 11/15: Added Dorcas, Lute and Mia.
- 11/13: Shifted ratings and introduced S- to account for seal upgrades and allow for increased granularity between tiers. Upcoming Feh Channel may incur further changes.
- 11/7: Added Henry (Trick or Defeat!), Jakob (Trick or Defeat!), Sakura (Trick or Defeat!), Nowi (Trick or Defeat!). (Tentative rating)
- 10/27: Added Arden, updated Ayra. Major update in the works.
- 10/19: Added Ayra.
- 10/17: Added Sigurd, Deirdre, Tailtiu.
- 9/30: Added Inigo (Performing Arts), Azura (Performing Arts), Shigure (Performing Arts), Olivia (Performing Arts). Details and discussion on Reddit
- 9/24: Added Black Knight, Ryoma tier shift (see Inheritance Tier List notes)
- 9/15: Added Elincia, Nephenee, Oscar. (Tentative rating)
- 9/01: Added Lyn (Brave Heroes), Ike (Brave Heroes), Roy (Brave Heroes), Lucina (Brave Heroes)
- 8/21: Tier List reworked to factor in skill inheritance to a limited degree. Ideal for free-to-play and budget-conscious players.
- 8/16: Added Tana, Amelia, Seth, Innes.
- 8/12: Added Clive.
- 7/30: Added Elise (Summer), Corrin (F) (Summer), Leo (Summer), Xander (Summer).
- 7/20: Added Berkut.
- 7/13: Added Delthea, Gray, Leon, Mathilda, Saber, Sonya.
- 7/10: Added Tobin.
- 7/04: Added Gaius (Summer), Frederick (Summer), RobinF (Summer), Tiki (Summer).
- 6/28: Added Clarisse.
- 6/17: Added Legion.
- 6/14: Added Katarina, Athena, Luke, Roderick.
- 6/04: Added Camus.
- 5/30: Added Caeda (Bride), Charlotte (Bride), Cordelia (Bride), Lyn (Bride).
- 5/20: Added Lloyd.
- 5/15: Added Celica, Boey, Mae, Genny.
- 5/02: Added Xander.
- 4/26: Added Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist.
- 4/20: Added Zephiel.
- 4/14: Added Alm, Clair, Faye, Lukas.
- 4/04: Added Navarre.
- 3/30: Added Chrom (Spring), Lucina (Spring), Xander (Spring), Camilla (Spring).
- 3/24: Added Michalis.
- 3/14: Added Ninian, Karel, Jaffar, Rebecca, Priscilla, Lucius.
- 3/10: Added Ursula.
- 2/27: Added Sanaki, Eldigan, Lachesis, Klein, Reinhardt, Olwen.
- 2/23: Added Robin (F).
| Rating Criteria
Ratings in this tier list factor in Skill Inheritance with some minor restrictions. As with all tier lists, ratings can be subjective and should only serve as a general guideline.
- - Indicates that the unit is currently a 5 exclusive hero.
- - Indicates that the unit is obtained through other means than summoning
S: Contains the metagame defining heroes. Units in this tier are highly effective on offense teams, consistently beating units they are required to defeat (ie: A red unit that can kill all green units and a fair amount red units). Alternatively, they can counter top tier threats or provide considerable support to allies, while also being a major threat in their own right. These units are staples, and are a common component for most teams.
A: These units are highly effective, but either have flaws that hold them back or simply do not reach the heights of S tier. A tier units can more than adequately contribute to a team, and in some cases, can even surpass S tier units depending on the team composition.
B: Weaker units that can still fill a minor, but important niche. They can typically succeed on most teams, but require a bit more support in order to use effectively. These units aren't bad by any stretch, but are demonstrably worse than the units in S and A tier.
+, neutral, and - still remain, but these are essentially function sub-tiers used to rate characters relative to each other. For example, an A+ tier character is better than a A tier character, but two characters within A tier are strictly on par with each other. Please note that characters within the same sub-tier are NOT ranked in order.
Factors NOT considered:
- Synergistic team compositions which utilize Infantry, Cavalry, Armor, Dragon, or Flying team buffs heavily are not considered.
- Investment costs for promotions, refinery and skills are generally not considered in order to ensure more accurate analysis.
- Availability of a unit is not considered.