What's in Store for the 2.5.0 Update (Notification)
Today, version 2.5.0 of the Fire Emblem Heroes game was released!
Here are the changes you can expect:
- Update to the Arena.
- New weapon skills.
- New options in the Weapon Refinery.
- Minor improvements for future Tap Battle events.
- Improvements for Rival Domains.
- Heroes who are defeated in battle will no longer lose the SP and EXP they gained in that battle.
- The SP and EXP earned in maps that have already been cleared will no longer be reduced by half.
- Improvements to the initial tutorial.
- Skill description text was revised to be easier to understand and more consistent, affecting several hundred skills.
Please note that for the Ver. 2.5.0 update, the maintenance period will last from May 9, 2018 at 10:00 AM UTC until it can be confirmed that the update is reflected in the app stores. Additionally, while new seasons for the Arena and Arena Assault begin on Tuesday at 7:00 AM UTC each week, due to updates to the Arena, the next season will begin on day later, starting on May 9, 2018 at 7:00 AM UTC. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your understanding. Thank you!
Here are the major changes and new features included in the update.
■ Updates to the Arena
The following changes are being made to encourage even more players to test their teams in the Arena:
- The chain bonus will have a max of five consecutive victories instead of a ma of seven.
- You can earn rewards for consecutive victories called Chain Rewards. These rewards, which include Orbs , can be earned once per season.
With the addition of Chain Rewards, Offense Rewards will no longed be given out, but the number of rewards you can receive will increase overall.
- Bonus allies will now receive stat boosts like they do in Tempest Trials. Any bonus allies will gain HP+10 and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4.
- This stat boost does not have an effect on the evaluation of your team's strength, so it will have no effect on which opponents you are matched with or the score you earn from battling those opponents.
- Stat boosts will not be applied to any bonus allies use by your opponent.
To implement these improvements, the Arena and Arena Assault will be unavailable starting on May 8, 2018 at 7:00 AM UTC until May 9, 2018 at 6:59 AM UTC. Please note that this also means the daily quests and Arena Assault quests cannot be cleared during this time.
The Arena and Arena Assault will open on May 9, 2018 at 7:00 AM UTC. Afterward, seasons will run for the usual period, starting on Tuesday at 7:00 AM UTC and ending on Monday at 10:59 PM UTC.
If you want to test your teams, don't forget to try out the updated Arena!
■ Weapon Skills and the Weapon Refinery
The following new unit-specific weapon skills can be learned by the Heroes listed below at 5 by spending SP:
Hero who can learn this skill: Clair: Highborn Flier
Hero who can learn this skill: Camilla: Bewitching Beauty
- Rhomphaia and Camilla's Axe can both be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery after they've been obtained.
- To learn weapon skills, tap Learn Skills in the Allies menu.
Hero who can learn this skill: Corrin: Fateful Prince
■ Improvements to Tap Battle
Tap Battle will receive the following improvements:
- Extra Stages will appear starting from the fourth day of the event.
- If you clear a stage, your Heroes can gain Hero Merit based on the results.
- Preview notifications for the next stage will now appear.
■ Improvements to Rival Domains
Rival Domains will receive the following improvements:
- Enemies will no longer attack immediately after warping.
- Up until now, enemies were randomized, but now the same enemies will appear each time.
- Enemy brigades will now include 40 characters instead of 20. This means the same character will generally appear fewer times per battle.
■ Tutorial and Playability Improvements
Improvements are being made to help new players ease into Fire Emblem Heroes after just starting out. We're also giving out a Thanks for Playing Gift to players who started playing from version 2.4.0 and earlier, allowing you to improve your Heroes in the same way as in the new tutorial.
The Thanks for Playing Gift includes the following:
- 4 Hero Takumi: Wild Card
- A set of materials allowing you to unlock the potential of initial allies to 4:
This gift will be distributed starting on May 9, 2018 at 7:00 AM UTC.
○ Changes for Current Players
The following game rules are changing to allow for smoother game progress:
- If a Hero is defeated during battle, they will no longer lose any of the EXP or SP earned in that battle.
- The amount of EXP and SP you can earn from clearing previously cleared maps, will no longer be reduced by half.
A new feature will be added that lets you change how movement and action animations are shown during battle for any AI-controlled characters.
This new option under Settings is called Foe/Ally Auto-Battle Movement. When set to Guided, the movements and actions of characters during battle will be shown in greater detail.
- Starting with version 2.5.0, this setting will be on Guided by default. You can select the Simple option if you wish to decrease the amount of time taken by enemy movement and actions.
- The setting for Foe/Ally Auto-Battle Movement will not be reflected if Auto: No animation is set to On.
○ Changes for New Players
- The rarity of the following allies you obtain at the beginning will be upgraded to 4: Anna: Commander, Alfonse: Prince of Askr, Sharena: Princess of Askr, Raigh: Dark Child, Matthew: Faithful Spy, and Virion: Elite Archer
- The first Hero you obtain will now be Takumi: Wild Card instead of Virion: Elite Archer. (Virion: Eliter Archer will now become your ally at the same time as Raigh: Dark Child and Matthew: Faithful Spy.)
- Additional explanations about game controls will be added to the tutorial to guide new players.
- All strata of the Training Tower will now unlock after clearing Prologue: Part 3.
- The Auto-Battle button will automatically be available on the battle screen.
- Other adjustments, including adjustments to enemy strength, will be implemented.
■ Other Improvements
- Movies will no longer trigger when summoning certain Heroes. (The summoning movies can still be found in Movies under FAQ/Etc. in the Misc. menu if you summon one of those Heroes.)
- Additional options will be available in the Sacred Seal Forge.
- A new setting option to stop the music from changing during an enemy's turn will be added.
- Mini units in Catalog of Heroes will appear with updated weapons.
- Support for Android 8.0's adaptive icons will be added.
We hope you continue to enjoy playing Fire Emblem Heroes.
That's it for the version 2.5.0!